Thursday, August 19, 2004

Funnier Than Fozzie Bear

Did you hear about the two new howlers Lurch threw into his Gentleman’s Quarterly interview?

You know, there's not much that scares me. So I'm not worried about things - certainly not dying, because too many of my friends did. And so I think it empowers you to go out and tell the truth and let the chips fall where they may. Bush and Cheney don't understand that. That's one of the things I think is most lacking in their stewardship of our country. [my emphasis]

{chuckling and shaking head}

And then this one, on how Republicans have painted him more protester than warrior:

I think it's just pathetic. It indicates how craven they are.

He follows that up with this:

You know, in the dark of night I might call them some names, but I just think it's kind of stupid. I really do ... And I think it hurts them.

Christ, why do they let this guy DO these spots?

But here’s the money shot:

To me, Vietnam is an old place, an old memory, an old history. It's gone. It's past. The less I have to talk about it, frankly, the happier I am.

Forget the White House – this guy should be doing standup in Vegas five nights a week.