Monday, January 24, 2005

I hate Mondays

Well, okay, that might be a little strong. In fact, I don't dislike them nearly as much as I used to.

But today was wall-to-wall busy, I'm beat, and I may be coming down with cold/flu relapse #5 (courtesy of my daughter, this time - that would complete the trifecta).

I'm still working on recruiting more contributors to share the blogging burden. I guess even the ambition of becoming a "poor man's Powerline" was overly ambitious, since the three of them went into the venture jointly from the beginning. Now I'm hoping for sheer numbers.

'Tis a pity, because there are a number of juicy topics today - from Babwa Boxhead's laughable faux victimhood ("How DARE Rice get to talk back! NOBODY talks back to ME!!!") to the University of Oregon's open sedition to Congressional Republicans suffering a collective attack of RINO Syndrome vis-a-vie Social Security to Rick Santorum's ex-Specter-ating into the wind hitting home.

Maybe I'll have a moment to get to one or more of them tomorrow. But for tonight, I'll content myself with making the following observation.

The Supreme Court refused today to reinstate a Florida law passed to keep Terri Schiavo, a severely brain-damaged woman, hooked to a feeding tube, clearing the way for it to be removed. Mrs. Schiavo, it will be recalled, is brain-damaged but perfectly alive, which is a huge inconvenience for her jackoff husband, Michael, who can't marry the girlfriend with whom he's already shacking up until his wife kicks the bucket.

Some might think this akin to comparing apples to carburetors, but I can't help but describe the process of deliberately starving a living human being to death as an act of torture. Which is ironic, since I would surmise that many of the same lefties who are so purportedly frantic over terrorist captives getting panties placed rakishly on their heads and being impressed into mass games of nude "twister," are probably cheering the SCOTUS' decision to allow the SCOF's euthanasian ruling to stand.

My horrified condolances and prayers go out to Mrs. Schiavo's family, who fought like hell to save their daughter from this selfish scumbag who has the gall to presume to know what she would say about this if she were able. And the moral of the story for parents of daughters everywhere (a group in which I reside)? Do everything in your power to ensure that your "little girls" exercise better judgment in the choice of a mate than Terri did. Their very lives may depend upon it.