Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Life Is Real

1 Be gracious to me, O God, for man has (A) trampled upon me; fighting all day long he (B) oppresses me.

2 My foes have (C) trampled upon me all day long, for they are many who (D) fight proudly against me.

3 When I am (E) afraid, I will (F) put my trust in You.

4 (G) In God, whose word I praise, in God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid. (H) What can mere man do to me?

5 All day long they [a](I) distort my words; all their (J) thoughts are against me for evil.

6 They [b](K) attack, they lurk, they (L) watch my steps, as they have (M) waited to take my life.

7 Because of wickedness, (N) cast them forth, in anger (O) put down the peoples, O God!

8 You (P) have taken account of my wanderings; put my (Q) tears in Your bottle. Are they not in (R) Your book?

9 Then my enemies will (S) turn back (T) in the day when I call; this I know, [c] that (U) God is for me.

10 In God, whose word I praise, in the LORD, whose Word I praise, 11 in God I have put my [d] trust, I shall not be afraid. What can man do to me?

12 Your (V) vows are binding upon me, O God; I will render thank offerings to You.

13 For You have (W) delivered my soul from death, indeed (X) my feet from stumbling, so that I may (Y)walk before God in the (Z) light of the living.

-Psalm 56