Friday, April 07, 2006

Relapse

So much for my miracle recovery. I got "close" with the wife again and bammo, my cough came back full bore and hasn't slowed down all week. That would have kept me from taking my planned vacation days this week anyway, which is all the more frustrating because the work-related reason for forgoing them turned out to be a futile anti-climax. And I can't take any time next week, other than maybe next Friday, because I have another project that has to get done then because there'll be no time the following two weeks.

So...am I suffering from lingering influenza, a different, less virulent virus, or vacationis interruptis?

Or bloggus interruptis? I was going to core-dump some posts last night but was so exhausted from this incessant coughing that I literally collapsed in bed almost as soon as I got home. Alone, since my wife and kids went over to see my in-laws anyway with her coughing as unabated as mine. I hope my frail, 83-year-old father-in-law has a plastic bubble into which he can move.

I'd love to promise that core dump for today or tonight or tomorrow, but I just don't know how I'm going to feel. It's times like this that I really wish HS had contributors (plural) in something more than name. If it wasn't for Jen, large-mammalhood would be impossible to maintain.

But, with apologies to Yoda, I'll try, and perhaps perchance I'll do....