Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Yikes!

Wanna see something scary? I mean roll your eyes, smack your forehead, can't believe it scary. There is a group of "intellectuals," academics, whatever you want to call them...you know, those people teaching your kids, who have formed a group "Scholars for 9-11 Truth." They are whacked-out conspiracy theorists who believe that our government brought down the Twin Towers with controlled demolition, and also blew up the Pentagon in order to "facilitate its political agenda." One thing I can't seem to find is their explanation of the two planes everyone saw hit the World Trade Center buildings. I'm sure they have an explanation somewhere.

Here is a little background from one of the members. From Catherine Lowther, who teaches at Goddard College:

In 1967, spirituality became the organizing principle of my life. My practices include daily meditation, self-introspection, vegan diet, and regular attendance at meditation retreats, here in the US and in Rajasthan, India. This orientation is the ground of my work as a therapist and teacher, and inspires continual new study of multi-cultural perspectives on spirituality and the nature of consciousness, the interface between spirit, mind, and matter, and ways to maintain the optimal well being of body and mind in order to know spirit. I grew up in the woods and have always lived close to nature. I moved to Vermont in 1966 and went to Goddard for one year as an undergraduate freshman. I left to marry, and raised and home schooled two children while living self-sufficiently and growing food organically. Then I returned to school, completing independent studies in academic programs along with apprenticeships in psychology and holistic health. I have also learned much in my travels to other cultures. I have been in private practice since 1985. Using hypnotherapy, dreams, and art work, I assist people in developing a relationship with their own inner knowing. I use the principles of Chinese medicine and Ayurveda to identify the underlying causes of illness and develop a health restoring strategy that embraces all aspects of life; and I do bodywork that includes neuromuscular therapy, craniosacral therapy, and chakra reading. My ongoing research interests cover a variety of areas: Qigong; the intelligence of nature; electromagnetic energy; sacred geometry; building solar aligned stone circles; megalithic Ireland; shamanism; multiple faculties for knowing; spiritual partnership with the dying process through the use of dreams; and treatment of spinal injuries.

Um....yeah. She's one of the more sane of the group. Read this article, especially if you think you've seen everything. :-)