Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Refuge Needed

1 Hear a (A) just cause, O LORD, (B) give heed to my cry; (C) give ear to my prayer, which is not from (D) deceitful lips.

2 Let (E) my judgment come forth from Your presence; let Your eyes look with (F) equity.

3 You have (G) tried my heart; You have visited me by night; You have (H) tested me and (I) You find [a] nothing; I have (J) purposed that my mouth will not transgress.

4 As for the deeds of men, (K) by the word of Your lips I have kept from the (L) paths of the violent.

5 My (M) steps have held fast to Your paths; my (N) feet have not slipped.

6 I have (O) called upon You, for You will answer me, O God; (P) incline Your ear to me, hear my speech.

7 (Q) Wondrously show Your lovingkindness, O (R) Savior of those who take refuge at Your right hand from those who rise up against them.

8 Keep me as [b] the (S) apple of the eye; hide me (T) in the shadow of Your wings 9 from the (U) wicked who despoil me, my (V) deadly enemies who surround me.

-Psalm 17:1-9