Tuesday, August 14, 2007

It Didn't Start With Cindy

A mother asked President George W. Bush, "Why did my son have to die in Iraq?"

A mother asked President Bill Clinton, "Why did my son have to die in Serbia?"

A mother asked President George H.W. Bush, "Why did my son have to die in Kuwait?"

A mother asked President Lyndon Johnson, "Why did my son have to die in Vietnam?"

A mother asked President Harry Truman, "Why did my son have to die in Korea?"

A mother asked President Franklin Roosevelt, "Why did my son have to die on Iwo Jima?"

A mother asked President Woodrow Wilson, "Why did my son have to die in France?"

A mother asked President Abraham Lincoln, "Why did my son have to die at Gettysburg?"

A mother asked President George Washington, "Why did my son have to die on a frozen field near Valley Forge?"

Long, long ago, a mother asked, "Heavenly Father, why did my Son have to die on a cross outside of Jerusalem?"

The answer is the same: "So that others may have life and dwell in peace, happiness, and freedom."

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, please, please feel free....to stand in front of them. At least that way, they can keep an eye on you, and any more knives out of their backs.

[h/t: Uncle]