Saturday, September 29, 2007

Prayerful Pelosi?

Call me judgmental, call me harsh, call me whatever. This turns my stomach:

Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., held an "enrollment" ceremony for the doomed bill, enclosing the document with their signatures into a fancy binder before handing if off to a House Clerk Lorraine Miller, who will take it to Bush and his veto pen.

Just prior to the event, Pelosi called Bush and told him she is praying for him and praying that he would change his mind and sign the bill, which expands a federal insurance program by $35 billion over five years, far in excess of Bush's own proposal.

Don't get me wrong, President Bush needs our prayers and he needs them regularly. But it's hard to take seriously this statement by a woman who routinely slanders his character, honesty, and integrity; looks into the camera a calmly lies to the American people, and, frankly, is a Democrat in today's climate. She is a shrew, and in my humble opinion she's even lying about praying for Bush.