Wednesday, September 01, 2004

RNC @ MSG: Comic Relief

Okay, here’s the big debate today – were the Bush twins a pair of charming, endearing young women, two hotties with whom every young man can envision himself in a hot tub threesome, or a couple of unbearably ditzy embarrassments?

Well, judging by Dick Cheney’s scowl, he wasn’t too thrilled with them. And I love Jim Geraghty’s reaction:

The Bush daughters could have been worse. They could have come out and armpit-farted the Star Spangled Banner.

I am stabbing out my eyes now...

What, exactly, were Jenna and Barbara thinking? ‘Hey, it's our debut on the national stage. Let's begin the evening by making fun of our grandmother, a beloved former first lady. Then let's remind everyone of Dad's aimless and drunken years. Then let's remind people of our incidents of underage drinking.

I’m sorry, but those lines were such gut-busters as to make sitting through Barbara and Jenna’s giggly quasi-Valley Girl act (reportedly written by Karen Hughes – gad, what was she thinking?) worth it.

I figure if Kerry sent out his two witless daughters to describe their father French-kissing a hamster, Bush can send out his two witless daughters to imply that their grandmother is an ancient drag queen.

Still, I think my daughter would have done a better job, and she isn’t even thirteen yet.