Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Sick

Yesterday was a total washout. Came down with a version of the flu - hard - but still had to go to work due to duties that had to be performed and couldn't be delegated on such short notice. Between a raging sinus headache, the chills, and enough achiness to give me a preview of what arthritis must be like, it was borderline heroic that I managed to make it through the day.

Went home and immediately went to bed. Slept for eleven hours (with five interruptions). Seem to feel better this morning, though I'm still congested. Amazing the fixitive powers of sustained sack time.

My patience with infirmity was exhausted weeks ago. I am so sick of being sick. Seems like I'm catching everything this winter. I've been ill more times in the past two months than I was in the previous ten years. Enough already.

Anyway, I'll try to get back to posting today. As you might have imagined, there's no shortage of commentary fodder.

Particularly if any of it can make me sick.