Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Snow I Actually Like

Tony Snow, that is, who announced on his radio program yesterday that he's been diagnosed with colon cancer (The pun is based on my intense dislike of winter weather, just so there's no misunderstanding).

What always amazes me about such life haymakers is how the people who take them, like TS, exhibit what Lucianne describes as "amazingly high spirits and unchanged humor." One thing I can say with confidence: he's a stronger man than I am.

And yet, as the adage says, without fear, courage wouldn't exist. And TS faces surgery next week to remove at least a large portion of his colon, which isn't exactly akin to having a wart removed.

I've never met Tony Snow, so this probably sounds easy for me to say, but I add my small voice to the blogospheric chorus of Powerline, the aforementioned Lucianne, and others to exhort prayerful intercession with the Great Physician to bring TS and his family through this trial and to a full and complete recovery.