Saturday, April 30, 2005

Doyle Sez Vote Fraud is Finger-Lickin' Good

Mark Noonan brings our attention to this latest bit of Donk brazenness, where, to inappropriately employ an off-color aphorism, Wisconsin Governor Jim Doyle is refusing to cut the cheese:

Governor Jim Doyle vetoed a bill Friday that would have required voters to show government-issued picture identification at the polls, saying it would disenfranchise elderly voters.

No word is available on just how elderly voters would be disenfranchised, unless Doyle is implying that they're all senile and would be lucky to make it to the nearest busstop with their pants on and without a roll of toilet paper trailing flutteringly behind them, much less remember to bring identification with them on Election Day.

I thought about this the other evening when I stopped by a local KFC to pick up some chicken for dinner. The bill came to a little over nine bucks, and I whipped out my check card, and the high school kid across the counter from me asked to see my ID.

"I can't buy three original recipe chicken breasts and a biscuit without showing ID, but I could spend every Election Day driving to as many precincts as humanly possible, cast a vote in each one, and never be asked to identify myself once," thought I as I dug my wallet back out to retrieve my driver's license.

I live in the state of Washington. 'Nuff said.

Next election, I'm thinking of taking a bucket of original recipe with me to my polling place. I hope they don't mind greasy ballots.

In the meantime, I would urge Badger state Pachyderms to begin a villification campaign against Governor Doyle questioning the legitimacy of his election. As corrupted as his state's election process has become, and as eager as he is to keep it that way, his forfeiture of governing credibility seems eminently reasonable to cite, preparatory to his forfeiture of his possibly ill-gotten office itself.

Maybe after it's over, he and Christine Grinchoire can do a Doritos commercial together.

Or perhaps KFC....