Thursday, September 22, 2005

Ginsberg to Bush: Clone Me

SCOTUS Justice Ruth Buzzy Ginsberg is demanding that President Bush appoint somebody just like her - a left-wing extremist female - to replace her retiring colleague Sandra Day O'Connor.

Yeah, I know, so what else is new. But it was this part of her address to the New York City Bar Association that gave me a hearty guffaw:

"I have a list of highly qualified women, but the President has not consulted me," she added during a brief interview Wednesday night.

And you know, I think she really expects him to, too.

Well, why not? He consults virtually all his other political enemies. Justice Ginsberg is probably feeling left out.

Maybe she'll quit the High Court and run for the Senate. Heck, the '06 midterms are only thirteen and a half months away.