Sunday, October 09, 2005

The Strongest Weak People

1 (A) Boasting is necessary, though it is not profitable; but I will go on to visions and (B) revelations of the Lord.

2 I know a man (C) in Christ who fourteen years ago - whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know, (D) God knows - such a man was (E) caught up to the (F) third heaven.

3 And I know how such a man - whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, (G) God knows - 4 was (H) caught up into (I) Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which a man is not permitted to speak.

5 (J) On behalf of such a man I will boast; but on my own behalf I will not boast, except in regard to my (K) weaknesses.

6 For if I do wish to boast I will not be (L) foolish, (M) for I will be speaking the truth; but I refrain from this, so that no one will credit me with more than he sees in me or hears from me.

7 Because of the surpassing greatness of the (N) revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a (O) thorn in the flesh, a (P) messenger of Satan to torment me - to keep me from exalting myself!

8 Concerning this I implored the Lord (Q) three times that it might leave me.

9 And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for (R) power is perfected in weakness "Most gladly, therefore, I will rather (S) boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

10 Therefore (T) I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with (U) distresses, with (V) persecutions, with (W) difficulties, (X) for Christ's sake; for (Y) when I am weak, then I am strong.

-II Corinthians 12:1-10