Friday, November 04, 2005

Pick A Card, Any Card

After seeing allusions to Aaron's Deck 'o Bloggers contest by the Cap'n (whose nomination would be ever so much appreciated, since it would be akin to throwing a line from an aircraft carrier to a rowboat) and Double-H, curiosity and my ingrown dork gene overpowered my weariness at the end of a long, overworked day and I had to take a look.

And I'm sure glad I did. Especially since our blog qualifies! True, I've been a "large mammal" for far longer than I've been a blogger, but now finally is an instance in which that trait can actually work for me.

You'll notice I said "our blog." That's where having multiple contributors comes in handy. We qualify in Spades and Diamonds by default, and Kay and Jennifer get us into the running for Queens and Hearts. Hopefully that'll earn us extra credit for a high diversity quotient.

So it's time for me to show off my ability at anal direction following:

Our blog, Hard Starboard, should be eligible in the Spades, Diamonds, and Hearts (and all Queens therein) suit polls, with the preference going to Diamonds (since we are, after all, a co-ed blog), because as opinioned as we are, who would trust us with a Shovel?"

Alas, we have no faces. But we do have a plaque:


Kinda says it all, doesn't it?

Here's to seeing our icon and moniker in the deck the next time I play a round of Fizzbin.

Qapla!