Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Lame Democrats

I wish I were as good at titling these things as Jim is! Fortunately, he comes in and rescues me sometimes. :-)

Anyway, after seeing the cloture vote yesterday I was happy and relieved. I expected it, of course, but you never know what kind of dirty trick the Democrats may come up with, and you never know about the RINOs. I know one thing...I'm writing to the RNC and telling them that as long as they see fit to support Chafee this year, the money I usually send to them will be going directly to Steve Laffey. Plus...Barak Obama's attempt at sounding reasonable while voting otherwise is laughable. Mr. Rising Star decries the Democrats' futile gestures and obstruction, then votes with them on cloture. Jerk. Plus...my Senator, Evan Bayh, is a real disappointment. When he was governor here in Indiana, he at least seemed to have some common sense and was a Democrat that I could live with. Not any more. Didn't take them long to bend him to their will there in Washington. I was also surprised when Lieberman announced his intention to vote against Alito. Talk about a mixed bag.

I can't wait to watch the President introduce new Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito! God bless him for all he has had to put up with.