Friday, February 24, 2006

Missioblogging 2006, Night #3

Like Thursday of Passion Week, there was no activity recorded for night #2 of the 2006 Valley Bible Church missionary conference. This is because night #2 is dedicated to home meetings with each of the six missionaries/missionary teams. Also because I had to work late last night.

Ditto tonight, which was an additional reason I couldn't make night #3, AKA "outreach through flatulence" night. I skipped the chilinalia in favor of a major gastronomic atrocity at a local smorgasbord. As is becoming routine after such gluttonous sorties, I feared I'd doze off on the freeway, and as soon as I arrived home and hit my favorite (also only) couch, I was wide awake. This was conducive to catching this week's episode of Battlestar Galactica, but also reminded me that I'm now four weeks behind in my reviews. Now you know what I'll be spending most of my weekend doing, sandwiched around blogging and putting together a new computer desk while preoccupied with preparations for another operational review meeting next week and preparation of my company's tax return. As my old high school band director used to say, other than that there's not much going on.

But there was at tonight's session, headlined by conference keynote speaker, the Reverend Tim Wetmore, with a field report from Christar's Bob & Teresa Reister. And now we turn to our second featured missionary, and last year's keynote speaker, Kameel Kilada.

Middle Eastern Missionary Organization places national missionaries strategically in Arab countries. In recent years, the LORD has opened ministry in Spain among Morrocan immigrants and through broadcasting the Gospel in Arabic into north Africa. Kameel makes frequent trips encouraging believers, and providing outreach and discipleship tools.

The Kiladas also minister stateside producing written materials, videos, and CDs; managing an Arabic/English website for evangelism and leadership training; and providing awareness seminars on Islam and the Arab world.

The Kiladas have six children: Joseph, Elizabeth, David, Samuel, Benjamin, and Esther.