Friday, March 31, 2006

Clocky

1 I said, "I will (A) guard my ways that I (B) may not sin with my tongue; I will guard (C) my mouth as with a muzzle while the wicked are in my presence."

2 I was (D) mute and silent, I [a] refrained even from good, and my [b] sorrow grew worse.

3 My (E) heart was hot within me, while I was musing the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue: 4 "LORD, make me to know (F) my end and what is the extent of my days; let me know how (G) transient I am.

5 "Behold, You have made (H) my days as handbreadths, and my (I) lifetime as nothing in Your sight; surely every man at his best is a mere (J) breath.

6 "Surely every man (K) walks about as [c] a phantom; surely they make an (L) uproar for nothing; he (M) amasses riches and does not know who will gather them.

7 "And now, LORD, for what do I wait? My (N) hope is in You.

8 "(O) Deliver me from all my transgressions; make me not the (P) reproach of the foolish.

9 "I have become (Q) mute, I do not open my mouth, because it is (R) You who have done it.

10 "(S) Remove Your plague from me; because of (T) the opposition of Your hand I am perishing.

11 "With (U) reproofs You chasten a man for iniquity; You (V) consume as a moth what is precious to him; surely (W) every man is a mere breath.

12 "(X) Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear to my cry; do not be silent (Y) at my tears; for I am (Z) a stranger with You, a (AA) sojourner like all my fathers.

13 "(AB) Turn Your gaze away from me, that I may [d] smile again before I depart and am no more."

-Psalm 39