Monday, August 07, 2006

Hope For The Blues

1 (A) My soul waits in silence for God only; from Him (B) is my salvation.

2 He only is my (C) rock and my salvation, my (D) stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken.

3 How long will you assail a man, that you may murder him, all of you, like a (E) leaning wall, like a tottering fence?

4 They have counseled only to thrust him down from his high position; they (F) delight in falsehood; they (G) bless with their mouth, but inwardly they curse.

5 My soul, (H) wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him.

6 He only is (I) my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I shall not be shaken.

7 On God my (J) salvation and my glory rest; the rock of my strength, my (K) refuge is in God.

8 (L) Trust in Him at all times, O people; (M) pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.

9 Men of (N) low degree are only (O) vanity and men of rank are a (P) lie; in the (Q) balances they go up; they are together lighter than breath.

10 (R) Do not trust in oppression and do not vainly hope in (S) robbery; if riches increase, (T) do not set your heart upon them.

11 [a] Once God has (U) spoken; [b] twice I have heard this: that (V) power belongs to God; 12 and lovingkindness (W) is Yours, O LORD, for You (X) recompense a man according to his work.

-Psalm 62