Friday, August 11, 2006

Sustained In The Silence

16 Who will (A) stand up for me against evildoers? Who will take his stand for me (B) against those who do wickedness?

17 If (C) the LORD had not been my help, my soul would soon have dwelt in the abode of silence.

18 If I should say, "(D) My foot has slipped," Your lovingkindness, O LORD, will hold me up.

19 When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your (E) consolations delight my soul.

20 Can a (F) throne of destruction be allied with You, one (G) which devises mischief by decree?
21 They (H) band themselves together against the life of the righteous and (I) condemn the innocent to death.

22 But the LORD has been my (J) stronghold, and my God the (K) rock of my refuge.

23 He has (L) brought back their wickedness upon them and will (M) destroy them in their evil; the LORD our God will destroy them.

Psalm 94:16-23

[Editor's note: The title and the above Scripture passage are doubly appropo on this day. One, because for the second straight night I conked out on the couch before I could get into the den and post anything (It appears that blogging and closing weeks are as incompatible as ever); and two, because those that "band themselves together against the life of the righteous and condemn the innocent to death" in Britain were thwarted yesterday in their plot to light up ten separate trans-Atlantic, U.S.-bound airliners.

I'll try to get to the Lamont-Lieberman fallout later today. In the meantime, I've got a blogswarm up with which to catch.]