Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A Yesterday Of Rest

Up at 5:30 to take my daughter to school. Returned to the hotel to get my full money's worth out of the $96 I dropped on the night's stay via its continental breakfast and a hot bubble bath in a really cramped tub. Too bad the jacuzzi room wasn't available, but we were talking survival, not luxury.

Went home, found the place resurrected, did a little housekeeping, then tried to take a nap without its length raging out of control. Picked up my son from school, returned home, ate a late lunch, and fell asleep again until about 8PM. Channel-surfing for a few hours. Still have some bills to pay before turning in.

So ends a miserable four-day weekend. There's another one coming up, though, from which I do not know whether or not to cringe. If only this abbreviated work week can somehow avert sucking as badly as last week, I may salvage some Christmas cheer after all.

But it'll have a thick layer of frost on it.