Sunday, January 14, 2007

What a Dork

Pardon me, but this story just really gets under my skin:

Mike Buday isn’t married to his last name. In fact, he and his fiancée decided before they wed that he would take hers.

But Buday was stunned to learn that he couldn’t simply become Mike Bijon when they married in 2005.

As in most other states, that would require some bureaucratic paperwork well beyond what a woman must go through to change her name when marrying.

What a weenie. Wahhhh...I want my WIFE'S name because it'll make her so happy and I'm a sensitive, caring man...!! Gag me with a rocket ship.

“Diana and I feel strongly about gender equality for both men and women,” Buday said. “I think the most important thing in all of this is to bring it to a new level of awareness.”

Isn't that...just *beautiful*? Makes you want to hold hands and skip through the daisies, doesn't it? Geez, who castrated this guy...?

JASmius adds: I don't have any particular problem with the idea in principle if the guy really wants to do it to please his bride to be; heck, it sounds like he's coming pre-pussy-whipped, which has to be at least some women's idea of a dream man. Maybe he'll take it even further, donning the white dress while she wears the tux, and dociley lays face-down on the bed on their wedding night while she puts on the strap-on and....well, you get the drift.

Only question I'd want to ask this metro-sexual is if he's really thought through his definition of "gender equality." If he and proto-wifey think that the wife taking the husband's name is "unequal," how is it any less for him to change his name?

Too bad his fiancee's name isn't "Hunt," huh?