Monday, July 02, 2007

Indoctrination Starts Early

Hi folks, just wanted to pass along this little tidbit:

My husband took my son to orientation for college this past week, he starts this fall at the same mid-sized university that my daughter goes to. I remember when I took her to orientation before her freshman year, they gave her a book to read over the summer for one of her classes. It was a political book, fairly leftist, but not something I'd ever heard of. My son received a book to read over the summer, too. Guess which one?

An Inconvenient Truth by Al Gore.

Mark said a professor got up and spoke, trying to diffuse any criticism, saying that "some people might view it as liberal" and then trying to justify it by quoting President Bush on some things he has said about global warming. He said that there is no doubt any more that global warming is occurring, which of course is a lie, and went on about how it was scientific and therefore not political, blah blah blah. Boy, they want to grab 'em to the left right away, don't they? Fortunately, my son had a high school teacher who was a lefty (but claimed to be "libertarian"). He gave everyone in the class the conspiracy-kook documentary "Loose Change." We watched it together and then went to the internet and got the TRUTH. Johnny won't be indoctrinated by these idiots, but sadly many students will.