Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Senator Hairplugs As Gibberish Ouija Board

If I thought Joe Biden had three brain cells to rub together, I'd call him a bad liar for the following flummoxer he spat out on the Senate floor today. As it is, I can only suspect that all those follicular implants are strangling what passes for a brain:


Let me say something that I'm going to be reminded of I am sure again and again and again. Having been here for thirty-four years you should not make statements I am about to make lightly. But I am reminded of it by the comments made about Cambodia. This - we have a "sell by" date. You know when you buy milk, it says "sell by by a certain date" or it turns sour. There's a sell by date here folks, for us to change policy, because if we do not change policy in a radical way in this calender year I believe we will be left with one of two alternatives. We either have a chance now to change policy and maybe salvage, maybe salvage a circumstance in Iraq where as we gradually leave we will not have traded a dictator for chaos and
possibility of a regional war. That's alternative one. I think the alternative two is Saigan revisited. We will be lifting American personnel off the roofs of buildings in the Green Zone if we do not change policy and pretty drastically.
Because not a single person in here knows anything about the military who can tell me that they think there is any possibility of us sustauining 160,000 forces in Iraq this time next year.

Do I understand him to be saying that if we don't retreat from Iraq, we're going to have to retreat from Iraq? Cutting and running is what "changing policy" means. The only change there can be in essence is to stop fighting al Qaeda, run away from Iraq and the Middle East, subjecting our forces to ruinous casualties in the process, and hand a triumphant and rampaging al Qaeda, and a nuclear Iran, a strategic victory from which we will never be able to recover.

With the oh-by-the-way proviso that unlike thirty-two years ago in Saigon, this time the bad guys will follow us home and pick up where they left off. They see us just about to bolt based upon moronic gibberings like Biden's, and are going all out to push us those last few inches over the edge.

I don't think Slow Joe knows what he's trying to say, quite honestly. A reflection that thirty-four years in the Senate is WAY too freaking long, and a more than adequate explanation for why he's running for president: he wants to be the last POTUS.

Now THAT would be a legacy.