Friday, July 06, 2007

We Bow Down

1 Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.

2 Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song.

3 For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods.

4 In His hand are the depths of Earth, and the mountain peaks belong to Him.

5 The sea is His, for He made it, and His hands formed the dry land.

6 Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker; 7 for He is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care. Today, if you hear His voice, 8 do not harden your hearts as you did at Meribah, [a] as you did that day at Massah [b] in the desert, 9 where your fathers tested and tried Me, though they had seen what I did.

10 For forty years I was angry with that generation; I said, "They are a people whose hearts go astray, and they have not known My ways."

11 So I declared on oath in My anger, "They shall never enter My rest."

-Psalm 95