Friday, August 24, 2007

God Weeps With Us

1 I love the LORD, for He heard my voice; He heard my cry for mercy.

2 Because He turned His ear to me, I will call on Him as long as I live.

3 The cords of death entangled me, the anguish of the grave [a] came upon me; I was overcome by trouble and sorrow.

4 Then I called on the Name of the LORD: "O LORD, save me!"

5 The LORD is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion.

6 The LORD protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, He saved me.

7 Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you.

8 For you, O LORD, have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling, 9 that I may walk before the LORD in the land of the living.

10 I believed; therefore [b] I said, "I am greatly afflicted."

11 And in my dismay I said, "All men are liars."

12 How can I repay the LORD for all His goodness to me?

13 I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the LORD.

14 I will fulfill my vows to the LORD in the presence of all His people.

15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of His saints.

16 O LORD, truly I am Your servant; I am Your servant, the son of Your maidservant [c]; You have freed me from my chains.

17 I will sacrifice a thank offering to You and call on the name of the LORD.

18 I will fulfill my vows to the LORD in the presence of all His people, 19 in the courts of the house of the LORD — in your midst, O Jerusalem. Praise the LORD! [d]

-Psalm 116