The End Of The Tunnel
This was also around the time that my daughter needed to be picked up from band practice, so I bailed out to go retrieve her. Thence came the newest wrinkle in the fondness of my existence: my car wouldn't start. The battery was dead. As in "like a smelt, or Judas Iscariot, whichever came first" dead. "Republican chances in 2008" dead. "Absolute zero" dead. So I had to do the whole AAA/tow truck routine, and my car is in the shop this morning, from which I will hopefully be able to pick it up sometime today - not because it won't be ready, but due to the availability of Mrs. HS to give me a lift back over there. To hear her tell it this morning, I may have to wait until tomorrow to get back a car that, according to the mechanic, it took all of fifteen minutes to repair (i.e. replacing the battery).
Needless to say, serious blogging is still on the back-burner. I'll try to get back up and running just as lickety-damn-split as I can.

























<<< Home