Monday, September 10, 2007

Transcript of Petraeus Testimony

Here is the transcript.

Well....I had a whole paragraph on how I feel about the Democrats and their treachery on this subject, but I think I've about beat it to death. Speaking of beating, I'd love to take my frustrations out on those unspeakably ignorant Code Pink idiots who crashed the hearing. But I digress....

JASmius adds: a video is worth a thousand pictures; two of them are priceless.





UPDATE: Oh, my, what are the nutters gonna do about this?
General David Petraeus told Congress on Monday he envisions the withdrawal of roughly 30,000 U.S. troops by next summer, beginning with a Marine contingent later this month.

In long-awaited testimony, the commanding general of the war said last winter's buildup in U.S. troops had met its military objectives "in large measure."

As a result, he told a congressional hearing and a nationwide television audience, "I believe that we will be able to reduce our forces to the pre-surge level ... by next summer without jeopardizing the security gains we have fought so hard to achieve."
For the anti-war left, the worst of all possible outcomes: troop withdrawals stemming from victory, not defeat, that they cannot take credit for but President Bush and the GOP can (and, if they have three brain cells to rub together, had better).

Perhaps the conventional wisdom of a Donk blowout next November may need to be revised.