Wednesday, October 03, 2007

In God We Trust?

Another email from my online friend George Merideth:
I'll bet this was a surprise to NBC....

NBC Poll: "Do you believe in God?"

NBC this morning had a poll on this question. They had the highest number of responses that they have ever had for one of their polls, and the percentage was the same as this: 86% to keep the words, "In God We Trust" and God in the Pledge of Allegiance; 14% against. That is a pretty 'commanding' public response.

I was asked to send this on if I agreed or delete if I didn't .Now it is your turn . . It is said that 86% of Americans believe in God. Therefore, I have a very hard time understanding why there is such a mess about having "In God We Trust" on our money and having God in the Pledge of Allegiance. Why is the world catering to this 14%?

That's a fair question. But I have another: Do all of the remaining 86% believe in the one, true, living God? The One Who died on the cross for the sins of humankind, then rose again on the third day, and is now seated at the right hand of God The Father preparing to return for His own? Somehow, I doubt that.

After all, our enemies believe in "god". The key is whether we believe in the right One.