Friday, October 05, 2007

Lame-O-Bama

Unbelievable. Barack Obama stopped wearing an American flag pin because it seemed to be a substitute for "real" patriotism. I see. So those of us wearing an American flag pin are not true patriots, I see. So if Barack Obama wears a flag pin, he's faking it. Well...he's faking it anyway, but work with me here.

''The truth is that right after 9/11 I had a pin,'' Obama said. ''Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we're talking about the Iraq war, that became a substitute for I think true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security.''

True patriotism is "speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security." Doesn't matter whose side you're on, then? Just so they're important...like, oh, weakening our ability to monitor phone calls which could be terrorist chatter? Or...weakening our President's ability to wage this war by lying and distorting what he has said and done in order to strengthen you position? Or...perhaps smearing a radio talk show host with lies and distortions in order to divert attention from your inability to stand up to a nutroots fringe group who happens to raise a lot of money? Is all that your definition of "true patriotism?"

Thanks, but I think I'll stick with the flag pin.