Monday, November 26, 2007

Drive-By Posting!

Whew! What a weekend! I took on a new client and I've been busier'n Chuck Schumer in a room full of T.V. cameras. I'm *trying* to be gloomy like the Democrats and the economic forecasters want me to be, but business is good and I just don't have time to mope. My husband's business is also hopping, so I guess maybe they're wrong.

Speaking of which, the headlines early last week cracked me up. They were talking about how scared retailers are that this is going to be a down holiday season, that Black Friday was going to be disappointing, that it was going to be a harbinger of a bad buying season, blah blah blah. Oh, they WANT it to be so! But, alas, the reports over the weekend were of an unusually strong start of the holiday shopping season "despite gloomy economic forecasts." How it must hurt to have to report that! Almost as much as it hurts them to report on the good news coming out of Iraq...but they're still trying to ignore that has much as possible.