Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Can't Somebody Muzzle Chris Matthews Already?

BSNBC's Chris Matthews, on last night's Hardball, posing a morally dumbassed question about the alleged shooting of a wounded Fallujah terrorist by a United States marine:

"Well, let me ask you about this. If this were the other side, and we were watching an enemy soldier - a rival, I mean they're not bad guys especially, just people who just disagree with us, they are in fact the insurgents, fighting us in their country - if we saw one of them do what we saw our guy do to that guy, would we consider that worthy of a war crimes charge?" [my emphasis]

You know, I don't know why anybody to the right of Fidel Castro even goes on that f'ing travesty of a program. Ever since Matthews shouted, bullied, and all but physically threw Michelle Malkin off his set, I've had no more use for the aggravating bastard. Okay, I've never had any use for him, but I'm talking "put an axe through my TV" no use.

If I had been Ken Allard, Matthews' hapless retired military guest, I would have removed my mic, gotten up, and left the studio. Either that or verbally gutted him from asshole to bellybutton for drawing grotesquely ignorant moral equivalence between an American soldier taking no chances with his life and those of his unit by making sure all the terrorists in that particular Fallujah mosque were dead - precisely the sort of situation in which our troops have been subjected to booby traps and possum-playing ambushes - and the demonspawn who get off on beheading innocent victims and seek to eradicate us by the millions.

I love how Brother Hinderaker cast this incident:

"Regrettably, one of the hideous, twisted beings who had tormented Fallujah's residents survived the Marines' initial assault on a mosque the day before yesterday. Fortunately, he was killed by a Marine who arrived the following day and, seeing that the terrorist was still alive, finished him off."

Amen.

Thus should it be for all Islamist petaQ.

I'd settle for a permanent muzzle on Herr Matthews.

Or a transfer to al-Jazeera, where he'd fit right in.