Sunday, December 12, 2004

How Is Harry Reid Not a Racist?

"I think that he has been an embarrassment to the Supreme Court. I think that his opinions are poorly written. I don't - I just don't think that he's done a good job as a Supreme Court justice."

-Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, on Associate Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas

Never mind that it's doubtful that Reid has ever read a single one of Justice Thomas' opinions, or that Reid himself isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer. Just change the respective names to Bob Dole and Thurgood Marshall circa fifteen years ago and ponder what the reaction would have been. Hell, just go back two years to Trent Lott's innocuous little tribute to the late Strom Thurmond at his centennial birthday gathering. That helped cost Lott his Majority Leadership position. Will belittling an African-American Olympian as an illiterate Step'n Fetchit cost "Weak Reid" even a news cycle's bad publicity?

Well, it's been a week, and I haven't seen an apology, or even a "clarification" from the Nevada donk, nor any Big Media calls for either.

I guess they're as racist as he is.