Saturday, January 15, 2005

Basketball Dad

It's upper grade school basketball season again, and that means I'm hauling my kids around to practices and their weekly games on Saturday. Today I spent all day with this, and what time I wasn't incomputercado was taken up in writing reviews for yesterday's back-to-back episodes of Battlestar Galactica. Consequently, there was no blogging in my household yesterday or today - until now, come to think of it.

Incidentally, both my kids' teams were victorious today. My son's team was on the good end of a 47-26 blowout in which he scored six points on three-for-five shooting, and my daughter's team raced to a big lead and then coughed up nearly all of it, holding on for a 30-28 squeaker. My little girl scored two points and pulled down three rebounds. Fortunately nobody appeared to notice my rendition of Kevin Calabro doing the play-by-play.

Tomorrow will be another busy day, with church in the morning and an Enterprise review to compose in the afternoon. And, of course, this is NFL Divisional Playoff weekend, only the best weekend of the entire football season. Though I'll still try to squeeze in an observation or two.

Monday will be all-blogging, all the time.

Arncha glad....?