Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Biopsy Complete, Results to Come

It's been an odd last couple of days.

In my day job the office has been a madhouse preparing for what's called an SQI audit by our dedicated customer, McDonald's, the parameters of which keep changing almost hourly. I've been fortunate to have been largely on the periphery of this process, but I got roped into it yesterday at the same time as I was getting out payroll and beginning period closing.

At home, Mrs. Hard Starboard went in for a biopsy this morning. This was an outpatient procedure, but still required full anesthesia. The proximity of it to the Terri Schiavo sturm und drang was coincidental, but still a little unnerving given what you read from time to time about freak accidents in such ostensibly routine procedures.

On top of that, I've been backsliding into my traditional night owl-ism the past week or so, which, I'm discovering in the brand new world of middle age, doesn't work as well for consciousness maintenance as it used to. Then this morning wifey set the alarm for 5AM (for an 8AM appointment), and I lost the ability for sound sleep years ago, so naturally I awoke and then couldn't get back to sleep. It's been a long day (though obviously not as long as it was for her).

The end result? A dearth of blogging.

The workload doesn't let up the rest of the week, but I'll see what I can come up with. Probably won't deviate much from the Blogs-for-Terri Redux that HS has become the last few days. But that's okay. If ever there was a good fight to fight, this one fits the bill.