Saturday, July 16, 2005

Begala Joins The Nut Brigade

If you need a little more persuasion regarding the state of the Democratic Party today, check out these bizarre remarks by Paul Begala at the “Campus Progress National Student Conference.” This will bring a few chuckles out of you. He starts off nuts, and just gets worse:

Begala's presence on the panel created a stir when he declared that Republicans had "done a p***-poor job of defending" the U.S.

Republicans, he said, "want to kill us."

"I was driving past the Pentagon when that plane hit" on Sept. 11, 2001. "I had friends on that plane; this is deadly serious to me," Begala said.

"They want to kill me and my children if they can. But if they just kill me and not my children, they want my children to be comforted -- that while they didn't protect me because they cut my taxes, my children won't have to pay any money on the money they inherit," Begala said. "That is bulls*** national defense, and we should say that."

Okay, try and wrap your mind around this meandering brooke of garbage. Begala says the Republicans want to kill him and his children. It’s just…I mean…what…?? I’m speechless, and believe me that doesn’t happen often.

Begala also included Republican domestic policies in his sweeping criticism. The GOP, he said, "ain't had a new idea since they opposed Social Security, and guess what, they still do. ... They are beginning to figure out that there is no Soviet Union, but they still want Star Wars to stop it," Begala said.

Okay Paul…anytime now, I want to hear about a Democrat new idea. I’ll wait. [toes tapping, checking watch] I didn’t think so. I guess the Soviet Union was the only threat the U.S. ever faced, and now that it’s gone we no longer need to defend ourselves? Is that right?

Okay, get ready for his impression of Dr. Demented, Howard Dean:

"Okay, they are utterly and completely brain-dead," echoing comments earlier this year by Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean, who accused Republicans of being "brain dead."

Frank insisted that Republicans are not quite as tough on national security as many Americans think.

"Franklin Roosevelt got us in World War II. They dragged the Republicans kicking and screaming. They didn't want to get in that war. They didn't have any problem with Hitler. I won't go so far as to say they thought Hitler rocked. But there were people in America who did, and they didn't want us to get in that war. Democrats have always been just as tough as Republicans once they're in office," Frank said.

As an aside, I’m assuming where the author of this column uses the name “Frank,” he means Begala.

The Republicans didn’t have any problem with Hitler?! Where does he GET this stuff?

Frank did not mention one of the most vocal opponents of U.S. intervention in World War II: Democrat Joseph P. Kennedy, who was one of Roosevelt's top fundraisers, the U.S. ambassador to Great Britain and father of John F. Kennedy, who would later become America's 35th president.

Well, of course he didn’t. He probably doesn’t even know. Sounds to me like his I.Q. is on par with Pelosi’s and Reid’s when it comes to history and current events.

This kind of stuff just highlights the vapidity and utter cluelessness of the Democratic Party today. They have to resort to stuff like these because they have nothing else. It would be funny if we weren’t in the middle of a war and needing ALL Americans to come together to support our country and our troops. All the Left can do is obstruct, lie, and distort. As I’ve heard Rush say before, how do they sleep at night?