Friday, July 08, 2005

Cue For Departure

The very close, cooperative analysis of our present situation by Messrs. Scott, McCoy, and Spock II, and Lieutenant Uhura's instant understanding of the necessity for thorough, unambiguous decoding of the message from Starfleet Command, seems to indicate that both morale and performance among the department heads is returning to normal levels. This is none too soon, for we are still in serious danger from at least three known directions, and the burden of ending the war rests squarely on us; Starfleet Command has discounted Spock II's analysis of Klingon strategy, it seems, because of the possibility (still real to them) that he might be the replicate - and in consequence is still losing battles.

Mr. Scott and his staff have reconverted the transporter and we are now preparing to embark to Organia, as planned. From this hour until my return, this log will be kept by....

{cough} *ahem*, sorry, lapsed into channeling Captain Kirk again. Which I wouldn't mind much, actually, if I could ever channel the parts where he's getting laid. Given his rep you'd think that would have happened by now. Must be my deodorant or something.

Anyway, my family and I are off to my in-laws', where I will serve as "designated spouse" at my wife's twenty-five year high school reunion. I don't own a laptop (or cell phone either, for that matter, which some may consider odd for a blogger; rather like the witch doctor who dances around like a nut to help the leeches bleed the disease out of a patient, and then takes two Ibuprofin for the resulting headache), so I'll try to find a library with an internet connection. In the meantime, from this hour until my return, this log will be kept by...well, not Mr. Sulu, but by any of our contributors who decide to make themselves singularly useful.

Kirk out....