Saturday, December 31, 2005

You Can Do It

15 For what I am doing, (A) I do not understand; for I am not practicing (B) what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.

16 But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with (C) the Law, confessing that the Law is good.

17 So now, (D) no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.

18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my (E) flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not.

19 For (F) the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want.

20 But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, (G) I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.

21 I find then (H) the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good.

22 For I joyfully concur with the law of God in (I) the inner man, 23 but I see (J) a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the (K) law of my mind and making me a prisoner of (L) the law of sin which is in my members.

24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from (M) the body of this (N) death?

25 (O) Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our LORD! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh (P) the law of sin.

-Romans 7:15-25