Thursday, January 26, 2006

Magnifying Our Master

23 Are they (A) servants of Christ? - I speak as if insane - I more so; in (B) far more labors, in (C) far more imprisonments, (D) beaten times without number, often in (E) danger of death.

24 Five times I received from the Jews (F) thirty-nine lashes.

25 Three times I was (G) beaten with rods, once I was (H) stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, a night and a day I have spent in the deep.

26 I have been on frequent journeys, in dangers from rivers, dangers from robbers, dangers from my (I) countrymen, dangers from the (J) Gentiles, dangers in the (K) city, dangers in the wilderness, dangers on the sea, dangers among (L) false brethren; 27 I have been in (M) labor and hardship, through many sleepless nights, in (N) hunger and thirst, often (O) without food, in cold and (P) exposure.

28 Apart from such external things, there is the daily pressure on me of concern for (Q) all the churches.

-II Corinthians 11:23-28