Another One Of Those Days
Well, that and the fact that I crashed on my couch last night after driving all day from my in-laws' house on the other side of the state. Seeing as how I drove over Friday night, that was six hundred miles round-trip in approximately fifty hours, something I ordinarily never do but made an exception for this time because I didn't want to miss out on my debut as an uncle.
Being an only child, and given the years-apparent reality that my wife's brother (her only sibling) and his wife were never going to have kids of their own, it never occurred to me that I might ever get the chance to have a niece and nephew. Happily for all involved (particularly the niece and nephew), they got the opportunity to become, first foster parents, and then full-fledged adoptive mommy & daddy to a four-year-old boy and his two-year-old sister. The deal was done just recently, and they came out from Minnesota to make their own debut to their new extended family, including their pudgy, curmugeonly, wise-cracking uncle. And a cuter pair has never been encountered (after my own kids at that age, of course). It was well worth the marathon behind the wheel, and the approximately $342 I dropped on the trip.
Well, my wife had quite a bit to do with that as well. Hubba-hubba.
I suppose I can't really complain about my drive considering that my brother-in-law and sister-in-law drove from and to the gopher state (1,197 miles each way) with two young kids in tow. But it sure put a crimp in my blogging. If our hotel hadn't had a workstation available, I'd have been blacked out entirely.
Hopefully somebody out there noticed the difference.

























<<< Home