Saturday, August 12, 2006

All The Facts

6 And Jeremiah said, "The word of the LORD came to me, saying, 7 'Behold, Hanamel the son of Shallum your uncle is coming to you, saying, "Buy for yourself my field which is at (A) Anathoth, for you have the (B) right of redemption to buy it."'

8 "Then Hanamel my uncle's son came to me in the (C) court of the guard according to the word of the LORD and said to me, 'Buy my field, please, that is at (D) Anathoth, which is in the land of Benjamin; for you have the right of possession and the redemption is yours; buy it for yourself ' Then I knew that this was the (E) word of the LORD.

9 "I bought the field which was at Anathoth from Hanamel my uncle's son, and I (F) weighed out the silver for him, seventeen (G) shekels of silver.

10 "I (H) signed and (I) sealed the deed, and (J) called in witnesses, and weighed out the silver on the scales.

11 "Then I took the deeds of purchase, both the sealed copy containing the (K) terms and conditions and the open copy; 12 and I gave the deed of purchase to (L) Baruch the son of (M) Neriah, the son of Mahseiah, in the sight of Hanamel my uncle's son and in the sight of the witnesses who signed the deed of purchase, before all the Jews who were sitting in the court of the guard.

13 "And I commanded Baruch in their presence, saying, 14 'Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, "Take these deeds, this sealed deed of purchase and this open deed, and put them in an earthenware jar, that they may last a long time."

15 'For thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, "(N) Houses and fields and vineyards will again be bought in this land."

-Jeremiah 32:6-15