Sunday, August 27, 2006

Service, Indeed

Allow me to extend my gratitude to Jennifer for keeping the lights on here while my technical difficulties persist. Too bad that we've been downgraded back to rodent status anyway. Guess that's what happens when the content goes from purely political current events to an excessive portion of my technogeek soap opera.

So, not to let our viewers miss out on the story line, and to pick up from where I left off yesterday, we took my folks out to a really nice place for their golden anniversary, and a good time was had by all. Today, however, I blew my stack twice, neatly sandwiched around worshipping at my parents' (and, originally, my) church. No need to go into to the respective causes, neither of which had anything to do with either each other, the worship service, the church, or my mom & dad. I will disclose, however, that within moments of my son booting up the kids' PC after we arrived home (on which I loaded several utilities applications last Thursday, including Intel Active Monitor), it began overheating.

Damn, I'll be glad when summer's over.