Sunday, October 29, 2006

From Awe To Adoration

10 I was [a](A) in the Spirit on (B) the LORD's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice (C) like the sound of a trumpet, 11 saying, "(D) Write in a book what you see, and send it to the (E) seven churches: to (F) Ephesus and to (G) Smyrna and to (H) Pergamum and to (I) Thyatira and to (J) Sardis and to (K) Philadelphia and to (L) Laodicea."

12 Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking with me. And having turned I saw (M) even golden lampstands; 13 and (N) in the middle of the lampstands I saw one (O) like [b] a son of man, (P) clothed in a robe reaching to the feet, and (Q) girded across His chest with a golden sash.

14 His head and His (R) hair were white like white wool, like snow; and (S) His eyes were like a flame of fire.

15 His (T) feet were like burnished bronze, when it has been made to glow in a furnace, and His (U) voice was like the sound of many waters.

16 In His right hand He held (V) seven stars, and out of His mouth came a (W) sharp two-edged sword; and His (X) face was like (Y) the sun shining in its strength.

17 When I saw Him, I (Z) fell at His feet like a dead man And He (AA) placed His right hand on me, saying, "(AB) Do not be afraid; (AC) I am the first and the last, 18 and the (AD) living One; and I (AE) was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have (AF) the keys of death and of Hades.

-Revelation 1:10-18