Sunday, November 05, 2006

Pass The Pepto

Well, it has been a long day and a long week. This roller-coaster of an election is starting to get on my nerves, and I'll be glad when it's over. I read one blog and start feeling good about our chances, then I read another and am gloomy again.

On the one hand, this election is extremely important in terms of national security and the economy. On the other hand, it's only one election that, as I've mentioned before, won't matter a hill of beans in eternity.

I can't remember who said it in 2004, but just before the election they said to just think about the absolutely awful people who would be happy if John Kerry were elected. I think about that now...the flat-liners in DU- and Kos-Land, Nancy Pelosi, Ted Kennedy, Harry Reid...just *awful* people.

However, if these "late-breaking to Republican" stories I've been reading are true, the Democrats will be handed a sound defeat on Tuesday and I hope for that with all my might. Not that the Republicans are going to gain a bunch of seats, but the defeat will be if the Democrats do not win a majority in either house. Wow, what a blow THAT will be to a lot of pollsters and pundits. They won't admit it, of course, but it will be.

That would be the greatest Christmas gift of all!