Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thank God For Our Troops

One of my last customers today at the Post Office was a man sending candy to his son who is stationed in Texas right now, but will be going to Iraq in January. I told him of my nephew, who is expecting to be sent over for his 3rd or 4th tour (I can't remember which) early next year. Nathan volunteers to go. This young man's father whom I was talking to was so very proud of his son, and rightly so. We talked about how thankful we are that there are fine young men and women willing to put their lives on the line so that we can sleep comfortably in our beds.

We can't give up on them. I know the election was a real downer, but that just means we have to be ever more vigilant and persistent in letting them know in Washington that we need to support our military in every way possible. The most powerful thing we can do is pray for them, and pray for our leaders. Hey, God can change hearts. Maybe he'll turn Nancy Pelosi into a hawk.