Saturday, December 09, 2006

The Maker Of Mountains

3 For my days (A) have been consumed in smoke, and my (B) bones have been scorched like a hearth.

4 My heart (C) has been smitten like grass and has (D) withered away, indeed, I (E) forget to eat my bread.

5 Because of the loudness of my groaning my (F) bones cling to my flesh.

6 I resemble a (G) pelican of the wilderness; I have become like an owl of the waste places.

7 I (H) lie awake, I have become like a lonely bird on a housetop.

8 My enemies (I) have reproached me all day long; those who (J) deride me have used my name as a (K) curse.

9 For I have eaten ashes like bread and (L) mingled my drink with weeping 10 (M) because of Your indignation and Your wrath, for You have (N) lifted me up and cast me away.

11 My days are like a (O) lengthened shadow, and I (P) wither away like grass.

12 But You, O LORD, (Q) abide forever, and Your (R) name to all generations.

-Psalm 102:3-12