Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Imus, Schmimus

So Don Imus called the Rutgers women's basketball team "a bunch of natty-headed ho's". Is it something I would have said? No. Is it something just about any person with the slightest smidgeon of prudence would have said? No. Is it something a liberal Democrat would have said?

Yes. But evidently Imus is too small fry a lib to warrant the usual wagon-circling. How else do you explain him going on Al Sharpton's radio show (Who knew Sharpy had a radio show?), either ideologically or in terms of audience size?

I just wish he'd said that about somebody or bodies non-sports related. Now the kerfuffle is dominating my sports radio station as well, forcing me to retreat to the FM dial to wait out the storm.

Say, I wonder what would have happened if Imus had asked to go on with Rush Limbaugh to offer up his mea culpa. At least THAT would have been entertaining.