Sunday, May 20, 2007

He Wants More

1 After Jesus said this, He looked toward heaven and prayed: "Father, the time has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son may glorify You. 2 For You granted Him authority over all people that He might give eternal life to all those You have given Him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, Whom You have sent. 4 I have brought You glory on Earth by completing the work You gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify Me in Your presence with the glory I had with You before the world began.

6 "I have revealed You [a] to those whom You gave Me out of the world. They were Yours; You gave them to Me and they have obeyed Your word. 7 Now they know that everything You have given Me comes from You. 8 For I gave them the words You gave Me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from You, and they believed that You sent Me.

-John 17:1-8