Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Never Forget

I remember vividly watching the events of 9-11 unfold on television. I was working at my computer and saw the breaking news headline, then turned the T.V. on and watched in horror. It was surreal, like it had to be a movie. How could it be real?

Unfortunately, it was very real. Today I pray for the families of those killed on that day, and for our fallen heroes who fought and died in order that this will never happen again. I pray for the soldiers who are over there now, doing what most people would not be willing to do in order to secure our freedom and safety. I pray for their families who worry about them every day, and I thank them for their sacrifice.

I also pray for our President, who must make life and death decisions every day, and withstand the fiery darts of lesser people who do not take this threat seriously. God bless you, Mr. President, and God Bless America.