Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Service For One

On Sunday, the new young pastor arrived at church and found only an old farmer had shown up. After waiting a while, the disappointed the pastor remarked to the old farmer, "Well, it appears no one else is coming, so we should probably cancel service today." The farmer, dressed in his Sunday best, looked at the young preacher and said, "Well pastor, I don't know much 'bout preachin', but I do know something bout farmin' and if I went out in the field and found only one cow, I'd still feed 'em." This excited the young preacher who preached for the next forty-five minutes a fierce fire and brimstone sermon.

Afterwards the pastor asked the old farmer what he thought. The old farmer remarked, "Well pastor, I don't know much bout preachin', but I do know somethin' 'bout farmin' and if I went out in the field and found only one cow, I wouldn't give 'em the whole bale."

[h/t: Uncle]